Over the last month I’ve received a number of invitations to write blog posts, review comics, and a somewhat disturbing request to pose with the Playstation Move (I still assert that it looks like a giant glowing Japanese dildo, but I digress).
I could review a bunch of Marvel and DC comics, but really, do these guys need any more free publicity? My passion is you, the independent comic book creator. If you’ve got a finished book, let me see your work!
I will try to review at least one or two books every month, and highlight it on my blog (and elsewhere).
Here are the ground rules:
1) It has to be a full-length comic. No strips or one-page deals.
2) Digital is fine, or if you’re really motivated you can send me a physical copy (email me for a mailing address).
3) Sorry, no novels or screenplays. Not that I don’t want to read them – I DO – but I simply don’t have the time. Maybe you could edit your story and turn it into a comic? 🙂
4) I will NOT negatively review your work in public. As an amateur you might still be growing as an artist, so I won’t rip you a new one in front of thousands of comic book fans. If I review something it’s because I love it.
5) If you want to increase the chances that I review your comic, please include a one-page plot summary. Not even a whole page is required – even just a paragraph or two.
I can’t wait to see your stuff! And just FYI, don’t wait for me to get my lazy ass around to your work – send it elsewhere. Send it to bloggers, newspapers, magazines, comic book creators, Tweet it, Buzz it, shoot copies out of a t-shirt cannon while you drive by crowded areas on a motorcycle…
…OK that last one was a joke but you get the idea.
Make something awesome, and then share it.
Direct Message me on Twitter, and I will forward you my Email or mailing address. Or send me a link directly to your book online.
Love you guys,
PS: PLEASE do not shoot a comic at someone using a t-shirt cannon, or any other projectile device. And especially no not do it from a moving vehicle.